Posted by Jack Smith
Making teaching more effective and interesting for Early Childhood Care and Education Course
The period for early childhood ranges from birth to eight years old. This time is remarkable for growth with brain development at its peak. At this stage, children are greatly influenced by the atmosphere and the people that surround them. Early childhood care and education (ECCE) considered being more than preparation for primary school. It aims at the holistic development of a child’s social, physical, emotional and cognitive needs in order to build a broad and solid foundation for lifelong learning and wellbeing. ECCE has the possibility to nurture capable, caring and responsible future citizens. For the disadvantaged children, ECCE plays a significant role in compensating for the disadvantages in the family and combating inequalities in education.
Objectives for Early Childhood Care and Education Course:
The major objectives of this course are:
- Promoting quality and excellence in ECCE by giving guidelines for practice to promote optimum learning and development of children in their early years
- Set out the broad pedagogical techniques and assessment plan to be customized to meet the person’s needs of the children, the specific setting, linguistic culture, and the local community
Early childhood education is beneficial for children ages three, four and five. It is also often referred to as preschool, daycare, pre-kindergarten, nursery school or early education. Each of them serves the same purpose that is to prepare young children for their transition into elementary school. Therefore, sending your preschool-age child to one of these early childhood education programs can make a positive impact on her and provide her a head start toward a bright future. Early childhood education and care are important because it is their right to develop as well as to survive. Good health and nutrition and consistent loving care and encouragement to learn in the early years of life support children to do better at school, have higher earnings, be healthier and participate more in society. Early Childhood Care and Education Course are mainly important for children in poverty.
Early childhood as occurring before the age of eight years is considered the period where a child goes through the most rapid phase of growth and development. The brains at this stage develop faster than at any point in their lives; hence, this period is critical. The foundations for the child’s social skills, self-esteem, and perception of the world and moral outlook created during these years as well as the development of cognitive skills.
After the completion of the Early Childhood Care and Education Course, the learner would be able to:
- Identify the foundational and theoretical underpinnings of early care and learning and apply its implication in giving suitable learning environment
- Understand the types and benefits of the early play and analyze the strengths of the play-way approach for the holistic development of children
- Explain the principles of program planning, collate and recognize customized pedagogical techniques and attain the skill-set in administration and planning of ECCE Centre and
- Describe the assessment procedure of the child’s development and learning and explore the strategies in promoting the effective and smooth transition of the child to the next level of learning
To be an aspiring early education teacher, one needs to have the right temperament. Patience, sensitivity, creativity, communication skills and ability to connect with children are arguably some of the most important qualifications. However, as an educator, you are also expected to have the proper schooling and credentials and each sets its own standards for what they expect from certified teachers. Moreover, in order to become an educator for early childhood one should find out what are the needs are for your state or school where you want to teach.