Posted by Tom Karren
Finding the Resources for Teaching in Primary Schools
To teach in a primary school one requires collection and accumulation of resources mainly for the development of the study materials. A teacher knows that finding the right primary teaching resources is necessary to develop a learning environment. For this, she enrolls in a primary teacher training course where she receives the training of educating students with self-developed study materials. The aim of providing an enriched learning experience with a good student engagement is paramount to the success of the lessons.
You can get a lot of resources from primary schools.You need to search for study materials that were developed by teachers in the past.You can use these materials containing customized games and other activities to develop an extensive study plan.In general, a primary teacher needs to have a collection of resources for creating helpful study materials.
Required Resources for Teaching in the Classroom
The materials stated below will help you in teaching and developing a learning-oriented classroom environment. You can find more details about these by joining a pre primary teacher training course from an institute.
- Some laminated labels for several concrete materials in the classroom.
- A laminated calendar which displays the days of the week with weather icons along with days and months.
- A birthday board to display the birth dates of your students.
- A customized timetable to show news about students, events such as sports days and other activities in schools.
- A mathematics chart containing formula and solutions.
- A chart of classroom discipline with rule reminders posters covering basic classroom etiquettes like discipline and behavior.
- Desks to store the records and progress to keep details of students’ work and behavior in classrooms.
- Some basic literacy resources comprising of recovery worksheets viz. texts, picture books literacy games,and
- Cards consisting of basic sight words for a range of reading levels.
- Folders of ring binders to keep everything with it.
- Some toys to be used as rewards or tool of behavior management.
- Papers, crayons, pencils, ribbons, glue for class activities.
Apart from all of these,you must keep picture books, reader texts, math exercises, reading programs, games etc.You must keep organized resources like balls, boards,and art supplies for a complete classroom learning experience.
Other resources that you can make use of is your home printer and colored papers.You need to keep in mind that classroom resources have been there for a long time. In present times more and more research has proven the effectiveness of classroom materials and for this reason, finding them has become very much important. The pre primary teacher training course teaches the methods to analyze the resources that you have garnered over time.
Apart from finding the resources, combining these with more established techniques works really well which includes taking references from workbooks, writing and documenting them for future references.You must remember that teaching resources help a teacher to understand the subject and teach students effectively. For these reasons,a teacher must also have a strong understanding of the subject to plan out the teaching course.
Collection of the resources from the different verifiable sources are a must.The collected resources must also help students to gain a thorough understanding of all the subjects in primary school. Nowadays, both, the advancement of technology and extensive research with the internet has made it easy for the development of classroom materials for primary school teachers and hence, a teacher is now better armed with resources with which she can provide the students with an efficient and easy learning environment.